Taekwondo | Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu | Fitness Kickboxing | Yoga
Teens | Adults
Teens | Adults
who we are
The Squamish Taekwondo Academy is the premier facility in Squamish for martial arts and fitness training. For over 20 years now, we have been dedicated to bringing fitness and wellness to the whole family. Our programs are designed for people of all ages and levels.
our students in action
Master Scot Strachan
6th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Master
Master Strachan went to Korea to train at Yuedo College under the guidance of Master Sun S. Choi. In 1989, he started teaching under the guidance of Master Choi. In 1994, with his master’s wishes and blessings, Master Stratchen opened his first school.
Master Strachan also has a passion for practicing and teaching Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. He studied under the direction of Master Marcus Soares in 1994. He now has more than 20 years experience and currently holds a brown belt.
Master Michelle Park
5th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Master
Master Park was first exposed to Taekwondo while attending elementary school in Korea.
As an adult, she continued to train in Taekwondo and began studying Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Master Marcus Soares in 1994.
In 1996, Master Park began studying Yoga and became a certified Yoga Teacher in Hatha Yoga through Prana Zen Center, under the guidance of renowned yoga Guru Shakti Mih. Master Park has completed three Teacher’s Training courses: Hatha Yoga, Power/Viniyasa Yoga, and Restorative Yoga.
Mr. Chanho Lee
3rd Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt
Mr. Lee started training Tae Kwon Do in Korea as a young teenager. Being a shy boy growing up, he learnt quickly that martial arts gave him self esteem. His training gave him enough confidence to travel to India to do volunteer work as well as enlist into the Korean army at the age of 19. During time in the military, Mr. Lee achieved the rank of 2nd degree black belt.
After successfully completing his 2 year service, Mr. Lee relocated to Canada to continue his Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian Jiu jitsu training under the guidance of Master Strachan and Master Park. He currently holds a 3rd Dan black belt. Mr Lee is passionate about teaching martial arts as training gives kids tools to be confident and respectful.
What our students say
- We are happy to announce that starting September 7th, we are resuming our full program. Please see our schedule for details.
- In regards to the Taekwondo membership fee, please note that it is set up as a monthly renewal system. If cancellation is required, we ask that a minimum of three weeks notice is given via text or email in order to process the cancellation. Membership cancellation cannot be processed otherwise.
- We are adding Kids Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes which are offered complimentary to our Taekwondo students who are 9 years or older and are Green Belts and higher.
- Due to a recent Covid-19 safety update, we are still limiting our studio space to attending students only. Unfortunately, the lobby, changing rooms, and viewing area are not open. If uniforms need to be changed, the washrooms may be used.
- We prefer that kids are dropped off at the time of their scheduled classes and picked up promptly afterwards. We do not encourage students to linger before and after class. Thank you so much for your understanding.