Taekwondo | Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu | Fitness Kickboxing | Yoga
Teens | Adults
Teens | Adults
who we are
The Squamish Martial Arts Fitness and Yoga Centre is the premier facility in Squamish for Martial Arts training and Yoga. For over 20 years now, we have been dedicated to bringing fitness and wellness to the whole family. Our programs are designed for people of all ages and levels.
our students in action
Master Scot Strachan
6th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Master
Master Strachan went to Korea to train at Yuedo College under the guidance of Master Sun S. Choi. In 1989, he started teaching under the guidance of Master Choi. In 1994, with his master’s wishes and blessings, Master Stratchen opened his first school.
Master Strachan also has a passion for practicing and teaching Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. He studied under the direction of Master Marcus Soares in 1994. He now has more than 20 years experience and currently holds a brown belt.
Master Michelle Park
5th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Master
Master Park was first exposed to Taekwondo while attending elementary school in Korea.
As an adult, she continued to train in Taekwondo and began studying Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Master Marcus Soares in 1994.
In 1996, Master Park began studying Yoga and became a certified Yoga Teacher in Hatha Yoga through Prana Zen Center, under the guidance of renowned yoga Guru Shakti Mih. Master Park has completed three Teacher’s Training courses: Hatha Yoga, Power/Viniyasa Yoga, and Restorative Yoga.
What our students say
Hello parents and students, we hope everyone is well and staying safe. Due to the restrictions that we all face due to covid-19, we have had to make some changes to our programs, schedules, and fees. We thank you for your patience and your support.
- We now teach online classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 604 815 9195 for further details.
- We ask that you monitor for covid-19 symptoms and that you stay home if you have a fever or cough.
- We ask that you take shoes off and sanitize hands on the lobby.
- We have scheduled a 15 minute break between classes in order to clean and sanitize.
- In consideration of the new social distancing rules, we request that parents
- drop off kids at scheduled class time.
- pick up kids promptly after class.
- Changing rooms are currently closed.
- Due to the limited space in the viewing area, we ask that time in the lobby is kept short for all excluding the parents or guardians of children in the Tigers and Tkd Beginner programs.
- We are not currently teaching any BJJ classes.
- Our program fees and schedules have been updated.